ThickBox 3 WordPress plugin. Get the latest release here (last updated 2007/09/29).
A plugin based on the awesome ThickBox 3 library useful to diplay anything (a single picture, a photo gallery, an iframed external web page) in a “web 2.0” stylish popup embedded in your WordPress post or page.
The code is based on the similar stimuli.ca Lightbox plugin.
To install: Unzip the package and put the entire miki-thickbox3 folder in your WordPress plugins folder, then activate it in WordPress.
To implement in a post or page:
Single image with thumbnail:
Add class=”thickbox” to the a tag of your thumbnail image.
Image gallery with tumbnails:
Add class=”thickbox” to the a tag of your thumbnail image. Give each link element the same rel element and value (example: rel=”myfirstgallery”).
Iframed external pages:
Add class=”thickbox” to the a tag of your link. In the href attibute, after the URL add the following parameters:
Demo: Open Yahoo.com in a ThickBox
Features (from the main ThickBox page):
* ThickBox was built using the super lightweight jQuery library. Compressed, the jQuery library is 20k, uncompressed it’s 58k.
* ThickBox will resize images that are bigger than the browser window.
* ThickBox offers versatility (images, iframed content, inline content, and AJAX content).
* ThickBox will hide form elements in Windows IE 6.
* ThickBox will remain centered in the window even when the user scrolls the page or changes the size of the browser window. Clicking an image, the overlay, or close link will remove ThickBox.
* Due to the ThickBox creator’s view that transitions should be tailored by individual authors, ThickBox windows do not implement fancy transitions. Feel free to add them as you see fit. Is this a feature? Well, some might say it is.
* ThickBox can be invoked from a link element, input element (typically a button), and the area element (image maps).
2007/09/29: Fixed the path to the loading image (thaks to Justin) and updated the thickbox library to the latest version (3.1).
2008/12/11: Tested with WordPress 2.7: ok!